I would like to take part in
Grand Prix Emanuel Feuermann (Germany) from 16 to 22 November 2020.
Post code, town
Date of birth
Recordings must be uncut and may not be more than one year old.
1. Johann Sebastian Bach: Prelude, Sarabande from Bach Suite No 4 or No 6
Prelude, Sarabande from Bach Suite No 4
Prelude, Sarabande from Bach Suite No 6
2. Franz Schubert: Sonata for arpeggione and piano in A minor D 821, 1st movement
3. Richard Strauss: from Don Quixote Op 35, Finale (with piano)
4. Julius Klengel: Scherzo for cello and piano Op 6
1. Jörg Widmann (commissioned work)
This work has been specially composed for the competition. Applicants will receive the
sheet music two months before the start of the competition.
2. Ludwig van Beethoven: a sonata for piano and violoncello (Op 5 No 1 or No 2, Op 69, Op 102 No 1 or No 2)
a variation for piano and violoncello (Op 66, WoO 45, WoO 46)
(All movements are to be performed without repeats)
Please enter your choice:
3. One or more works of the competitor’s choice. Individual movements also permitted. No works from the first round.
Please enter piece 1:
Please enter piece 2 (optional):
A total of 50 minutes are available for performance of the work by Beethoven and the work(s) of the competitor’s choice.
1. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: from the Divertimento for String Trio KV 563, 1st and 2nd movements
2. Please choose one of the following concertos:
Joseph Haydn: Cello Concerto in D major Hob. VIIb:2 (cadenza in first movement by Emanuel Feuermann)
Joseph Haydn: Cello Concerto in D major Hob. VIIb:2 (cadenza in first movement by Mstislav Rostropovich)
Michael Haydn: Cello Concerto in B flat major
Please choose one of the following concertos:
Edward Elgar: Cello Concerto in E minor, Op 85
Dmitri Shostakovich: Cello Concerto No. 2 in G Minor, Op 126
Robert Schumann: Cello Concerto in A minor, Op 129
Copy of passport
Artistic curriculum vitae in German or English (PDF)
High-resolution photograph (minimum size: 1000 x 1500 px, 300 dpi)
Please send recent uncut sound recordings of the works for the first round as MP3 or MP4/AVI files via www.wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept YouTube-links!
To ensure that files are assigned correctly, please use the email address that you stated when registering. Please also label the files you send to us with your name and the date of the recording.
How did you learn of Grand Prix Emanuel Feuermann 2020? (Multiple choices possible)
Kronberg Academy Newsletter
Berlin University of the Arts Newsletter
Kronberg Academy Website
Berlin University of the Arts Website
Print media of Kronberg Academy / Berlin University of the Arts
Facebook / Instagram
Other online promotion or advertising
Someone recommended me to apply for Grand Prix Emanuel Feuermann:
Click here to read the rules
I hereby declare that I have read the rules of Grand Prix Emanuel Feuermann 2020.
I hereby consent to my data being processed for the purposes of being informed by email and by post on events organised by the Kronberg Academy Foundation.